Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Inspiration of the Day: Lizzie Velasquez

In case your Tuesday is feeling uninspired, meet Lizzie, motivational speaker and author.
I remember watching this TED talk awhile back and feeling inspired by the human spirit. Also, I hate that people can hide behind computer screens to bully one another. It's a whole new ballgame and I think it's pathetic that people take time out of their precious lives to write mean comments. I will take good ol' fashion playground brawls any day.

Now Lizzie has a documentary, "A BRAVE HEART: The Lizzie Velasquez Story", and it just premiered at this year's South by Southwest Film Festival. Gosh, it looks like it will make me feel all kinds of inspired. 
This girl has changed the narrative of the story from being "killed with fire" to killing it with fire, from "being a victim to a hero". 

No comments:

Post a Comment